We have joined forces with 19 other less common cancer charities to create a unique & exciting 20-day challenge called the 20for20 Challenge to raise funds to make up the shortfall in our income due to the pandemic. Funds that are vital to enable us to continue with our work.
The Covid-19 pandemic has led to delays to cancer diagnosis and treatment, which could lead to as many as 35,000 additional deaths in the UK. With more than 55,000 cancer patients in England waiting for key tests, the emotional and practical support provided by rare cancer charities such as GIST Cancer UK, is needed now more than ever. As the need for our services increases, the donations that we depend upon have decreased.
The 20for20 Challenge will launch on Sunday 20th September and runs until 20th November 2020.
We’re asking you to join in and complete a challenge (big or small) each day for 20 days in this two month period to raise funds for GIST Cancer UK, and record your progress either on our ready-made 20for20 calendar or you can use our template to create your own calendar. GIST Cancer UK branded calendars are available by clicking on the pictures to the right:-
- jogging or cycling for 20 minutes (or 20 miles)
- to making and sending a postcard to 20 friends or
- baking 20 treats for family and friends
So whether you’re 4 or 94 there is something for everyone…just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1- Head to 20for20.org.uk and select GIST Cancer UK so that you can use our 20for20 Just Giving page or set up your own fundraising page.
- Step 2- Choose your calendar- either the 20for20 calendar or the template to create your own calendar (as above).
- Step 3- Start your challenge and ask all your friends and family to sponsor you- they can DONATE HERE or on your own Just Giving page
- Step 4- Get social- share photos using #20for20 and nominate your friends to join you
Just 20 days to help raise funds to enable GIST Cancer UK to continue investing in research and supporting GIST patients and their families.
For more information head to www.20for20.org.uk