It is the policy of GIST Cancer UK to pursue a strategy of continual improvement in the service it provides and to welcome suggestions as to how this may be achieved, or constructive criticism about services or their delivery.
GIST Cancer UK views a complaint as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation that has made the complaint.
Where a volunteer, patient/carer or other person, agency or organisation indicates any expression of dissatisfaction with the service received, it is the policy of this charity to investigate the complaint and where possible resolve all issues.
We aim to:
- Provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- Publicise on our website the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us if they wish to make a complaint.
- Make sure that all trustees of GIST Cancer UK know what to do if a complaint is received.
- Make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- Make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- Gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
How to make a complaint
You can download a copy of our complaints procedure: Complaints April 2021.
Written complaints can be sent to:
- Secretary, GIST Cancer UK, Longwood, Ash Priors, Somerset TA4 3NA
Verbal complaints can be made:
- by phone to 0300 400 0000
- in person to any of GIST Cancer UK’s volunteers or trustees at any of our events or activities.
What you can expect from us
We aim to provide a definitive response to all complaints within four weeks. If this is not possible because for example, an investigation has not been fully completed, we will write indicating when a full reply will be given.
In the event of the complainant feeling that their problem has not been satisfactorily resolved they can request a review of the response and actions taken.
Whether a complaint is upheld or not, the final report will describe the action taken to investigate the complaint, the conclusions from the investigation, and any action taken as a result of the complaint.
The decision taken at this stage is final, unless the Trustee Board decides it is appropriate to seek external assistance with resolution.