GCUK Patient Meetings - 2010 to 2006 Reports
A Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumour is rare, but you are not alone!
London Meeting - October 2010
- Dr Michelle Scurr - Getting best supportive care
- Judith Robinson - Workshop on the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist
Birmingham Meeting - April 2010
- Nick Duncan (principal pharmacist QE Hospital Birmingham) - Managing side effects of drug treatment for GIST
- Dr Geh and Dr Taniere - Mutations in GIST and their implications
- Jane Ballantyne (CAB) - State benefits for cancer patieuse of imaging for evaluation and diagnosisnts
London Meeting - October 2009
- Dr Beatrice Seddon - Developments in treatment (report awaited)
- Dr Simon Wood - Data collection project
- Dr Zahir Amin (consultant radiologist) - Use of imaging for evaluation and diagnosis
- "Straw poll" on Side-effects of Imatinib
Manchester Meeting - May 2009
- Roger Wilson - NICE decisions and the care of GIST
- Dr Mike Leahy - Current research into GIST
- Dr Dominic Bray (clinical psychologst) - Living with uncertainty
London Meeting - September 2008
- Sarah Newton (dietitian) - Eating problems
- Prof Ian Judson - Q&A session on adjuvant and neo-adjuvant therapy
Sheffield Meeting - May 2008
- Dr David Hughes (pathologist) - The role of pathology in diagnosis of GIST
- Prof Penella Woll - Q&A session on current trials for adjuvant and neo-adjuvant use of Glivec
London Meeting - October 2007
- Evangelos Efthimiou and Satvinder Mudan - Research on the use of Glivec prior to surgery for GIST.
- Discussion on complementary therapies.
Manchester Meeting - May 2007
- Roger Wilson - The formation of the Sarcoma trust
- Dr Mike Leahy - Q&A session on treatment
- Dr Bill Newman - Q&A session on mutational testing.
London Meeting - October 2006
- Dr Beatrice Seddon and Cerys Propert-Lewis (Clinical Nurse Specialist). A question and answer session covering current postion on mutational testing, coping with side-effects of Glivec, and similar issues.